SeaKeepers 2016 Photo Challenge
This is the first annual photography contest hosted by SeaKeepers. The aim is to increase audience involvement in our mission and promote ocean conservation by encouraging participants to go out and photograph marinas, yachts, and marine life. Anything from an underwater diving photo to a beautiful yacht at a marina qualifies. Be creative! We are looking for the best photo that reflects our mission statement: The International SeaKeepers Society promotes oceanographic research, conservation, and education through direct involvement with the yachting community. SeaKeepers enables the yachting community to take full advantage of their unique potential to advance marine sciences and to raise awareness about global ocean issues.
Photographers are credited for each photo used. Although photographers retain copyright, by submitting photos to SeaKeepers, photographers are assigning SeaKeepers the right to use the photos in current and subsequent print or digital format.
The contest officially begins March 28th and closes July 29th at 11:59pm(EST.) The winner will be announced August 26th.
4. HOW TO ENTER:
Submit your photo/s to Sarah@SeaKeepers.org to enter. You can submit as many photos as you like.
5. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
• Submission(s) must be original.
• Must be of good visual quality: W-2550 H-3300 Resolution-300 pixels.
• No duplicate submissions.
- Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to private, public or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- Submission must not contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical material) without written permission;
- Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- Submission cannot be profane, pornographic, sexually explicit or suggestive or contain nudity.
- Submission cannot be violent or promote firearms/weapons.
- Submission cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco.
- Submission cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about people, brands, products or companies.
- Submission cannot contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Submission must not contain unsportsmanlike conduct, extraordinarily dangerous acts, or reckless acts.
- Submission cannot depict illegal activity and cannot itself be in violation of any law
Failure to abide by these rules will result in your entry being disqualified.
6. SELECTION OF WINNERS:
All eligible submissions will be shared on the Facebook event page where users will be able to like their favorite. The photo with the most amount of likes by August 26th will be declared the winner.
7. JUDGING CRITERIA:
The photo that best represents SeaKeepers’ mission and receives the most amount of likes will be declared the winner. We are looking for the most creative, well shot photo that shows us what SeaKeepers/ocean conservation means to you.
8. NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION:
Photos will be shared on the official Facebook group where people will be able to vote for the best one. The photo with the most likes will be declared the winner.
First place: GoPro camera & SeaKeepers membership (1 year, Voyager)
Second place: SeaKeepers membership (1 year, Voyager) & Limited Edition SeaKeepers gear
Third place: SeaKeepers membership (1 year, Voyager)